Saturday, August 15, 2009

I'iwi Tenor Silver Series Two Puka All Koa






































Aloha,

Here is a I'iwi Tenor Silver Series All Koa Two Puka ukulele from Charlie in Makakilo. He has been handcrafting great instruments for over 10 years now, and his tenor two puka model is one of my favorites. Usually, the tenor I'iwi will has a spruce top, so this one is special. All curly Hawaiian Koa body, with maple binding. Mahogany neck, and ebony fingerboard and bridge. Gotoh 510 tuners are probably my favorite tuners. M.O.P. position markers and logo inlay. This instrument has a lot of projection and a very pleasing tone. Charlie uses an advanced bracing system, and thus his ukuleles have great resonance. If you can get your hands on a I'iwi, I would recommend taking it home. Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment