Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'iwi Concert Gold Label Koa














































Aloha,
Here is a I'iwi Concert Gold Label Koa. I'iwi is built high in the mountains of Makakilo by CK Fukuba. It is a one man operation, with a very small production. I'iwi ukuleles are some of the finest in Hawaii. These instruments are very popular in Japan as well. If you want a custom concert that is a step above a rack model, this may be what you have been looking for. This instrument is made out of solid koa, and has a mahogany neck. One piece top and back construction. M.O.P. poi pounder rosette and postion markers, and abalone and M.O.P. headstock inlay in the shape of an I'iwi bird. Grover friction tuners, and oil rub finish. Ebony binding. bridge, fingerboard, and faceplate. This ukulele has great projection and volume. A fine combination of aesthetics, tone, and playability. Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment