Tuesday, September 8, 2009

I'iwi Gold Label Standard Mahogany Petroglyph



































































Aloha,
Continuing with our focus on I'iwi Ukuleles this week, here is something special. A standard Gold Label Petroglyph style ukulele in very curly Honduran Mahogany. This mahogany has some of the finest grain that I have seen in a while. Kind of a curly bearclaw mahogany. I'iwi will sometimes make Mahogany instruments, and the tone and sustain are very differen than their Koa counterparts. Mahogany I'iwi are warmer and rounder with a bit more sustain. This instrument features ebony binding, bridge, fingerboard, and faceplate. M.O.P. Petroglyph rosette, and abalone and M.O.P. logo I'iwi inlaid on the hadstock. Single panel top and back, with Gotoh friction tuners. Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment