Thursday, September 10, 2009

I'iwi Gold Label Concert Petroglyph Koa




























































































Aloha,
Here is a I'iwi Concert Gold Label Petroglyph model in Koa from CK Fukuba in Mililani. This instrument will finish my one week focus on I'iwi ukuleles. All of these instruments are completely handmade by one luthier in Hawaii with aloha. This particular ukulele has a Koa body, and a mahogany neck. Ebony binding, bridge, fingerboard, and faceplate. M.O.P. position markers, and petroglyph rosette. Abalone and M.O.P. I'iwi bird logo, and Gotoh friction tuners. The top and bottom are single panel construction. This instrument has a light gloss finish, and comes equipped with Hilo strings. If you already have a few ukuleles and are looking for something beautiful with great tone and playability, this might be appropriate. I don't usually spend a week on one builder, but if I get a batch of great ukes from one builder in the future, then I will do it again. Mahalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment